Monday, December 20, 2010

The Lost God Summary/History

So here's the first book that I ever finished. Oddly, over the past two years, it's pieced together like a two-hundred piece jig-jaw puzzle.
Here's some interesting facts about it:
  • It's my first book ever
  • It's been rewritten seven times and counting
  • It takes me only a few months to finish one, which is probably the reason why I have rewritten it so many times!
  • Yes, I'm not going to dodge around it: it's based off of the Percy Jackson series. But I have my own twists and turns. I'm not a non-creative person. Percy Jackson is merely the thing that sparked ideas and gave me lists of monsters and gods.
  • I plan on publishing it, but maybe when I'm older. Publishing is just so expensive! It may be my dream, but it's an expensive dream.
  • Out of the seven re-writes, I have changed the plot approximately three times.
  • Out of the seven re-writes, I have written two sequals and a trilogy. But the first book was not to my satisfaction.
  • Out of the seven re-writes, I have had three titles: The Wilting Plants; Change; and The Lost God.
  • And no, the title that it has now is not concerning Rick Riordan's The Lost Hero.
So here's the first few paragraphs:

The man looked out the window, at his wife, who was pregnant. He sighed and looked back at the woman in front of him.

How? How can it be?”

The woman looked at him with knowing, kind green and yellow eyes. They flashed with gold and silver. “She will give birth to the child in three hours. The child she bears now is the girl. Then, the boy shall come. When the boy turns to the age of eighteen, he shall take over your seat of power with the gods.”

The man took a shaky breath and glanced at the floor. “Is there anyway I can prevent this from happening?”

Scared of his reaction, the woman slightly shook her head. Thunder shook in the distance and another figure formed in the corner. The man stood from the chair to walk to the figure. “Thor. This is a bad time. We need to talk later.”

I summoned him,” the woman said. The man looked at her with confused eyes.

Why?”

The woman sighed and stood up. “Thor, Norse God of Thunder. You will have a daughter in the future. She will be skillful at archery and fighting. She is going to look like you- bless her heart. But she is going to be dangerous. She will be vital to the future of the gods. And her decision will rely on Zeus's son's actions.”

She was referring to the other man. The man that had appeared- Thor- looked worriedly at the two in front of him. “Very well.” Thor looked out the window at Zeus's wife. “She is coming near to giving birth to her child, Zeus.”

Zeus looked at the woman. “Oracle,” he whispered. “I will stop this boy from overpowering my throne. Somehow.”

The oracle Delphi shrugged and sat back down in her chair, her dress changing colors. Thor looked at her and squinted his eyes. “You said that my daughter's decision will reflect off of his son's actions? Need I remind you that I am a Norse god. He is a Greek god. It would never work peacefully.”

No. One of you have to convert. Or there will be war.”

No comments:

Post a Comment